Jenny Xin Li
Jenny Xin Li has vast experience handling food, beverage, and agriculture regulatory compliance issues throughout the product life cycle, from product composition, labeling, and advertising, to product approval, import/export, and post-market obligations. She provides day-to-day counseling on food regulatory requirements and helps identify and address the regulatory challenges clients face. Jenny helps clients anticipate and successfully adapt to the future regulatory and policy trends and changes affecting clients’ business.
Jenny has represented clients from the food and beverage industry before the national regulatory agencies in China and other Asia-Pacific (APAC) jurisdictions on a wide range of matters affecting food additives/ingredients, confectionery, chocolate, dairy, alcohol, meat, fresh produce, beverages, and plant-based food, as well as highly regulated products such as infant formula, health/functional food, and dietary supplements. Jenny also works with clients in product compliance matters involving cosmetics, chemicals, pet food, and consumer products.
Jenny plays a critical role in the establishment and growth of the firm’s food law team in Shanghai. She has a comprehensive understanding of food laws and standards on a local and national level, and is well versed in all levels of regulatory and enforcement practices. She recognizes the demands clients encounter and provides practical advice and business-minded solutions.
- Represented a global food industry association on regulatory compliance issues (e.g., food additives, product specification, labeling, and claims) and advocated the association’s positions through active engagement with the national food authorities to develop and amend relevant food regulations and standards to shape a better regulatory environment for the industry
- Advised a multinational corporation on the regulatory strategies and requirements to export health food and dietary supplements to China
- Advised a leading food manufacturer of alternative protein products on the regulatory paths of entering the markets in APAC
- Provided food regulatory support to an international chain restaurant on food recall and crisis management
- Advised a major food company on developing response actions upon consumer complaint and government inquiry
- Represented clients when filing comments with the national authorities on the draft regulations and preparing application files to seek product approvals