Latest Developments in Control & Enforcement of Mineral Oil Aromatic Hydrocarbon Levels in Food in the European Union
Keller and Heckman is pleased to announce a complimentary webinar, Latest Developments in Control and Enforcement of Mineral Oil Aromatic Hydrocarbon Levels in Food in the European Union, hosted by Partners Rachida Semail and Craig Simpson on Thursday, 18 January 2024, at 3:00 p.m. CET.
From 1 January 2024, a number of EU Member States are expected to begin enforcing the action levels for MOAH in food identified in the joint statement of Member States of 21 April 2022, including requiring withdrawal or recall of products exceeding these levels. This webinar will review the commercial and legal implications of the action levels for different food products and suggest how food business operators may prepare themselves. It will also address a number of important questions concerning the legal basis and proportionality of any related mandatory product withdrawal or recall.
Our speakers will address the following topics:
- Status update on enforcement of MOAH action levels in the EU: latest developments
- Commercial and legal implications of action levels identified in the Joint Statement of Member States and the latest relevant EFSA Opinion
- Significance for final foods, ingredients, and potential impact on food contact materials
- Critical legal analysis of proposed withdrawal or recall obligation
- MOAH in third country food exports into the EU and WTO implications
Date: Thursday, 18 January 2024
Time: 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. CET | 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. EST
Host: Keller and Heckman LLP
Registration: Click Here to Register
This webinar will offer the option for live captioning, provided by Zoom.