China Approves New Food-Contact Substances; Expands Use of Others
On November 27, 2017, China’s National Health and Family Planning Commission (NHFPC) published approvals for three new food-contact substances and expanded the scope of use for three other substances.
The newly approved additives for food-contact materials and articles include the following:
- 2-propenoic acid, polymer with ethanedial and 2-propenamide
- Decanoic acid, ester with 2-ethyl-2- (hydroxymethyl)-1,3-propanediol octanoate
- 2-Propenoic acid, 2-methyl-, 1,2-ethanediylbis (oxy-2,1-ethanediyl) ester, polymer with 2-(diethylamino) ethyl 2-methyl-2-propenoate, 2-hydroxyethyl 2-methyl-2-propenoate and 3,3,4,4,5,5,6,6,7,7,8,8,8-tridecafluorooctyl 2-methyl-2-propenoate, acetate (salt)
The permitted use level and/or scope of the following additives for food-contact materials and articles was expanded:
- Phosphorous acid, mixed 2,4-bis (1,1-dimethylpropy1) pheny1 and 4-(1,1-dimethylpropy1) pheny1 triesters
- Ethylene, polymer with propylene and 1,4-butanediol dimethacrylate
The November 27, 2017 announcement is available (in Chinese) on the NHFPC website (here).