Lisa P. Alsobrook
Lisa Alsobrook practices in the area of food and drug law. She advises domestic and foreign clients on regulatory requirements for foods, dietary supplements, cosmetics, and food and drug packaging in jurisdictions around the world. Her main focus is regulatory and compliance matters of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the U.S. Department of Agriculture relating to human food, food packaging material, animal feed, food additives and ingredients, and dietary supplements.
Prior to attending law school, Lisa earned a master’s degree in Food Science. She worked as a manager for a food company, directing and implementing the quality and regulatory compliance programs for the company's thermal processing, packaging, and assembly plants. This valuable hands-on experience has been useful in advising clients in the food and food packaging industries.
- Developing self-determined Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) positions and preparing GRAS Notifications for submission to FDA
- Complying with FDA’s regulations implementing the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)
- Evaluating the regulatory status of food contact materials and preparing Food Contact Notifications (FCNs) for submission to FDA
- Establishing and maintaining Drug Master Files (DMFs) in the United States and Canada
- Handling FDA enforcement actions and responding to Warning Letters
- Obtaining applicable international food regulatory clearances