Caleb A. Holland
Caleb Holland advises domestic and foreign clients on regulatory and compliance matters related to food and drug packaging, food additives and ingredients, dietary supplements, and pharmaceuticals. He also counsels clients on good manufacturing practice (GMP) issues related to the manufacture of food packaging.
Caleb assists clients in obtaining regulatory clearances for food-contact materials and food additives in the U.S. and international jurisdictions. He has advised clients on establishing self-determined Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) positions. Caleb drafts legal opinions for clients evaluating packaging components, including polymer components, adhesives, printing inks, and color additives. He also advises clients on regulatory requirements governing the use of recycled materials in food-contact applications.
Prior to joining Keller and Heckman, Caleb was a Judicial Intern in the Office of Special Masters of the Court of Federal Claims, where he conducted legal research on vaccine issues, reviewed and analyzed medical records, and assisted with drafting and editing decisions for the Special Master. While in law school, he was a Note and Comment Editor on the Catholic University Law Review, served as a representative and Intellectual Property Coordinator for the Law and Technology Student Association, and was Chancellor of the Moot Court Association.
(Admitted to practice in Virginia only. Practice is limited to matters before the FDA and matters ancillary thereto. Supervised by a member of the DC Bar.)
- Drafted legal opinion letters on the safety of chemical substances for food-contact applications
- Developed legal analysis of legislation and legislative policy to assist multinational companies in advocacy efforts
- Prepared regulatory filings on behalf of clients regarding U.S. and international regulatory bodies
- Provided regulatory guidance regarding tobacco and e-vapor regulation under the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act
- American Bar Association
- District of Columbia LGBTQ+ Bar Association, Board of Directors