Christina M. Carone
Christina Carone advises domestic and foreign clients in food and drug law, assisting with global food and drug packaging regulatory compliance. She works with corporations to obtain premarket clearance for food-contact substances and helps bring new products to market in the United States, European Union, China, and South America.
Christina prepares Food Contact Notifications for clients to establish clearance for new additives. She advocates for her clients’ best interests when answering questions posed from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) about the safety of food-contact substances. Christina drafts legal opinion letters evaluating packaging components such as additives, printing inks, adhesives, polymer components, and color additives used in plastics, paper and paperboard, and coatings in various jurisdictions, and has extensive experience working with plastics trade associations. She counsels her clients in understanding food-contact legal requirements to market pigment and coating products in the United States, European Union, Norway, Switzerland, and China.
Prior to joining Keller and Heckman, Christina completed an LL.M. with a concentration in patent law and strategically managing intellectual property. She also worked as an intellectual property rights counsel. While in law school, Christina worked as a Judicial Extern for the Honorable Arthur D. Spatt, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, and the Honorable James F. Quinn, Suffolk County Supreme Court. She was also a prolific writer and received numerous awards for her distinguished writing.
Prior to law school, she worked as a biology research assistant and developed strategies using metabolic engineering and other technologies to enhance the appearance of crops. Christina also has a background in science and experience working in health care, preparing her for a career in food and drug law.
(Admitted to practice in New York only. Practice limited to matters before the FDA and matters ancillary thereto.)
- Advised multinational companies on the safety of chemical substances for food-contact applications
- Drafted legal opinion letters on the compliance status of food additives and food-contact substances in multiple jurisdictions
- Developed strategies to help food-contact product manufacturers bring their products to market
- Prepared regulatory filings on behalf of clients regarding U.S. FDA matters
- Prepared filings to obtain regulatory listings of packaging components in multiple jurisdictions
- New York State Bar Association
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Suffolk County Bar Association