Webinar: Treated Article or Biocidal Product?
Keller and Heckman Partner Hazel O’Keeffe and Associate Ales Bartl will present a complimentary webinar, titled, “Treated Article or Biocidal Product?” The webinar will cover regulatory considerations for articles with antiviral properties and masterbatches under the EU’s Biocidal Products Regulation.
The classification of a product as a treated article or a biocidal product is critical in determining what requirements apply under the EU’s Biocidal Products Regulation. This assessment can be a complex exercise particularly when health claims are being made or in the case of masterbatches. The applicable regulatory framework may also significantly change depending on the specific end use application.
The following topics will be covered during this webinar:
- Definition of treated and biocidal products
- Considerations when making public health claims for treated articles
- Requirements applicable to treated articles intended for use as food contact materials, personal protective equipment or medical devices
- Regulatory status of masterbatches at each stage of the supply chain
- Masterbatches intended for production of treated articles vs. biocidal products
- Impact of Brexit on treated articles/biocidal products being placed on the UK market
While the webinar is complimentary, registration is required. To register, click here.